Monday, February 1, 2010

Sleeping in Punta Arenas


So I came on this expedition with a cheap tent from Big 5 called 'Hi-Tech'. In a somewhat last-minute realization that I didn't have a light weight tent, we bought this one. I think it was very cheap, both in cost and quality of construction. I spent 2 nights of absolute suffering in pounding wind and rain and then abandoned it. I left it to some people who cut it apart to use it as a ground cover and bought a nicer Chilean brand 'Doite' for a hundred bucks. Been sleeping much better now and the price wasn't bad for the tent :)

So our first night in Punta Arenas all my stuff got soaked fairly well. I abandoned the tent and slept in this nearby shed.




 



  


Sleeping in the shed wasn't too great an experience, partly because of the smell and partly because there was nowhere clean to lay down (or sit for that matter) so I took some cool pictures of the cats that shared the shed with me.

1 comment:

  1. So I really don't know what to say to this, but one, I can't believe you slept in a shed, and two, definitely praying for your safe return.

    -Cody

    ReplyDelete