Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tucuman

Dang, I'm going to have a hard time picking favorites for places I've visited in Argentina. The people are fantastic here and once more I'll be sad to leave some very good friends behind.


Tucuman has some pretty sweet colonial architecture. This is the 'government house' which looks rather daunting against an ominous sky. Batman might live here.



And here is the famous 'Independence House' where Argentina declared itself independent of spain on July 9 1816. It's kind of a cool building from the 17th century.



Here's my good friend who runs a little empanada shack not too far from the main square. When she told me proudly that she had been recognized as an 'empanada champion' she agreed to let me take her picture. They were good empanadas.





Here is Juan Campillo, a Columbian friend who, believe it or not, is also studying film. Never would have anticipated it, but we sat at the hostel patio into the night discussing Truffaut, Eisenstein and Pudovkin. That tested the Spanish.

Sort of looks like he wants to kill me here, but he's really a good egg.





Some awesome fine friends I made in Tucuman along with a family who made the best chicken empanadas I've yet tried.

1 comment: