Monday, February 15, 2010

El Calafate's Birthday

So I decided to stick around for the 'aniversario del bautismo del lago argentino'. It's on the 15 and the festivities precede the town's birthday with a couple days of partying. They brought in some pretty noteworthy Argentine bands, had a beauty pagent, had an old car show and more. Worth staying for.

 



Never seen such intense harmonica jammin before

 



This was my favorite part of all the festivities--the famous 'assado popular.' I've never seen so much lamb meat in my entire life. The slaughter nearly 300 patagonian lambs, cook the meat in the traditional style (see picture) and feed thousands of people who wait in a loooong line for it. We waited about two hours, but it was worth it.

 




The beauty pagaent was fun enough. Really need the 80-200mm lens again, though :)


This girl was possessed of the most sincere and unconstructed smile I've ever seen. I mean that as absolutely sarcastically as possible.







The fireworks were nice. They were really kind of just...like fireworks. I just felt I needed to comment on the picture since I'm posting it.



No comments:

Post a Comment